Lapochkina Viktoriya Vladimirovna, Candidate of economic sciences, senior staff scientist, department of research and engineering sector’s development analysis and forecast, Russian Research Institute of Economics, Politics and Law in Research and Engineering (building 6, 50a Zemlyanoy Val street, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com
Volodin Viktor Mikhaylovich, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of management and economic security, dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Il'ina Irina Evgen'evna, Doctor of economic sciences, associate professor, head of department of research and engineering sector’s development analysis and forecast, Russian Research Institute of Economics, Politics and Law in Research and Engineering (building 6, 50a Zemlyanoy Val street, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Funds for the support of scientific, scientific, technical and innovative activities are an important element of the scientific infrastructure, and their ef-fective activities contribute to the creation of favorable conditions for research and development (R & D), which correspond to modern principles of organizing scientific and innovative activities. At present, the activities of Russian scientific foundations are not systematic and do not fully support the projects at all stages of the life cycle. This leads to the emergence of a situation in which a sufficient number of projects supported by funds and not supported at the next stage of the life cycle remain unused by the economy and society. The aim of the work is to analyze the support instruments provided by Russian scientific foundations and to identify new forms of support taking into account foreign experience.
Materials and methods. Research tasks were achieved on the basis of analysis of instruments supporting R & D of domestic and foreign research funds, as well as a survey conducted among the scientific community. The study used methods such as comparative analysis, comparison, conversion, questioning and expert method.
Results. A comparative analysis of the support tools for R & D provided by domestic and foreign funds was conducted, a survey of the scientific community was conducted, the most sought-after tools were identified, and new tools were proposed based on foreign experience that could be used in domestic practice.
Conclusions. The results of this study can be used to improve the tools for supporting scientific, scientific, technical and innovative activities in the activities of domestic scientific foundations.
1. Voynilov Yu. L., Gorodnikova N. V., Gokhberg L. M. et al. Indikatory nauki: 2017: statisticheskiy sbornik [Scientific indicators: 2017: a statistical collection]. Moscow: NIU VShE, 2017.
2. Baza dannykh OECD [OECD database]. Available at: https://data.oecd.org/rd/grossdomesticspending-on-r-d.htm (accessed September 10, 2017).
3. Nemetskoe nauchno-issledovatel'skoe obshchestvo (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) : ofitsial'nyy sayt [German Research Society: official website]. Available at: http://www.dfg.de/en/research_funding/programmes/index.jsp (accessed August 02, 2017).
4. Agentstvo natsional'nykh issledovaniy Frantsii (Agence Nationale de la Recherche, ANR): ofitsial'nyy sayt [Agency of National Research of France]. Available at: http:// www.agence-nationale-recherche.fr/en/projects-and-results/work-programme-2016 (accessed August 07, 2017).
5. Natsional'nyy nauchnyy fond (National Science Foundation, NSF): ofitsial'nyy sayt [National Science Foundation: official website]. Available at: https://www.nsf.gov/ (accessed August 09, 2017).
6. Infrastruktura issledovaniy i razrabotok, bol'shaya nauka i mezhdunarodnoe nauchnotekhnologicheskoe sotrudnichestvo [Research and development infrastructure, big science and international research cooperation]. Moscow, 2016.
7. Il'ina I. E., Zharova E. N. Integratsiya obrazovaniya [Integration of education]. 2017, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 164–183. DOI: 10.15507/1991-9468.087.021.201702.164-183
8. Il'ina I. E., Sergeeva O. L. Sotsial'no-gumanitarnye problemy sovremennosti: sb. nauch. tr. po materialam Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. 30 sentyabrya 2017 g.: v 5 ch. [Social and humanitarian problems of the modern time: proceedings of an International scientific and practical conference on 30th September 2017: in 5 parts]. Belgorod: APNI, 2017, part II, 150 p.
9. Bubnov G. G., Nikul'chev E. V., Pluzhnik E. V. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia]. 2015, no. 1. Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/opytvnedreniya- innovatsionnyh-informatsionnyh-tehnologiy-v-obrazovatelnuyu-deyatel nos t (a cces sed Oct ober 22, 2017).
10. Votinova A. Dmitriy Pebalk: chto takoe translyatsionnye issledovaniya? [Dmitry Pebalk: what is translation research?]. 4science. Available at: https://4science.ru/articles/ Translyacionnie-issledovaniya-most-mezhdu-biznesom-i-naukoi (accessed October 24, 2017).
11. Il'ina I. E. Nauka. Innovatsii. Obrazovanie [Science. Innovations. Education]. 2015, no. 18, pp. 179–203. Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/analiz-deyatelnostinauchnyhfondov-obespechivayuschih-podderzhku-fundamentalnyh-issledovaniy-v-rossii (accessed February 02, 2017).
12. Il'ina I. E. Nauka. Innovatsii. Obrazovanie [Science. Innovations. Education]. 2015, no. 17, pp. 51–73. Available at: http://sie-journal.ru/kruglyij-stol-problemyi-povyisheniyaeffektivnostigosudarstvennyih-rashodov-na-nioktr (accessed February 02, 2017).
13. Rosenbusch N., Brinckmann J., Bausch J. Journal of Business Venturing. 2011, no. 26, pp. 441–457. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusvent.2009.12.002
14. Czarnitzki D., Lopes-Bento C. Research Policy. 2013, no. 42, pp. 76–89. DOI: 10.1016/ j.respol.2012.04.008
15. Morris M., Herrmann O. J. Research Evaluation. 2013, no. 22, pp. 298–306. DOI: 10.1093/reseval/rvt020
16. Hong J. et al. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. 2015, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1068–1096. DOI: 10.1080/09537325.2015.1060310
17. Choi J. Y., Lee J. H., Sohn S. Y. Research Policy. 2009, no. 38, pp. 1534–1544. DOI: 10.1016/j.respol.2009.09.005